- Eye Care
Contact us now for all kinds of eye problems at 0301-4999956. Oculoplasty, also known as ophthalmic plastic surgery, is surgery with relation to the eye and its surrounding structures. Oculoplasty surgery may be performed to improve function, comfort and appearance for the following conditions:
- Tear Drainage Problems
- Eyelid Malposition
- Skin Cancers of the Eyelid
- Problems of the Orbit (eye socket)
- Eyebrow Problems
Most of the times, an oculoplasty surgery is best for medical issues related to the eyes as well as the cosmetic appearance of the eyes and surrounding areas.
Who Needs an Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery?
Although your eye doctor is the best judge for suggesting you a surgery, the following are the symptoms which you may experience and know that you are in need of oculoplasty:
- Blinking of eyes more than necessary
- Eyelids Hanging Downwards (Ptosis)
- Twitching of eyes
- Wrinkles, scars or folds around the eyes
- Eyelids tearing in or out (Entropion/Ectropion)
- Blocked Tear Ducts (NLD Block)
- Tumors growing inside or surrounding the eye
- Blepharoplasty or excessive fat in eyelids
- Bulging Eyes
- The absence of an eye
- Orbit Tumors
- Burns of the eye
All our surgeons take extra care while working with kids and teens since there are some eye muscles which are underdeveloped or which are quite week during the initial stages of growth.